This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
K12 is a technology-based education company that offers proprietary curriculum and instructional support services to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. As the leader in K-12 online education for more than a decade, the company uses virtual public and private schooling methods to provide families with alternatives to traditional "brick and mortar" classrooms giving children access to a high-quality education no matter where they are in the world.
An Accountant working onsite in our Simi Valley, CA office for the Managed School Accounting (MSA) group applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties:
AS AN ACCOUNTANT YOU WILL . . .
* Responsible for full cycle accounting transactions, record keeping and preparation of monthly financials for multiple locations, federal grant accounting a plus.
* Participate in month-end close process and monthly schedules for corporate including conversion of school financials to corporate chart of accounts.
* Utilize financial skills for analysis of the balance sheet and profit and loss statements for accuracy.
* Prepare and process customer cash receipts.
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
* Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts.
* Audit and substantiate financial transactions as well as maintain complete and accurate general ledgers.
* Assist in SOX audit work as needed to ensure corporate compliance.
* Assist in preparation of audit schedules and support for external auditors.
* Perform special assignments and projects as required.
* Utilize accounting software to input, retrieve, or display accounting information.
* Use accounting skills to enhance procedures and regulations.
* Set up accounting operations (i.e. chart of accounts, bank accounts, internal controls) for new schools as needed.
* Participate in yearly audit of school where required
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or a related field
* 2+ years of job-related experience
* Possess great attention to detail
* Skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
* Strong experience with MS Office, particularly Excel
* Possess very good communication skills written and verbal
* Able to adhere to strict deadlines, willing and able to do what it takes to get the work done
* CPA or public accounting experience
* Fund Accounting experience
* Quick Books and Oracle experience
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend