This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for Accountant in Towson, MD.
This position is responsible for managing controllership and commercial accounting activities for Global Tools & Storage US, a $4.5B division of Stanley Black & Decker.
* Facilitate monthly closeout by calculating and recording monthly journal entries surrounding P&L expense lines including but not limited to Buybacks, Service Level Penalties, Sales Promo, Top Line Pricing Adjustments, Markdowns, Retail Sales Adjustments, Rebate, Coop, Cost of Sales Promotion, Sales Comp and Revenue Deferrals
* Complete monthly balance sheet roll-forwards to track ending balances within accrual balance sheet accounts
* Validate and resolve customer deductions for pricing, markdowns, rebates, coop, and Service Level Penalties
* Complete analysis to compare actual Retail Sales Adjustment deductions from customers to forecast performance of promos
* Calculate and submit monthly 3rd party sales commissions
* Complete monthly bad debt reserve analysis in coordination with Director of Accounts Receivable
* Complete quarterly balance sheet reserve analysis for key reserves
* Calculate and communicate quarterly, semi-annual and annual rebate and coop payments
* Review customer contracts and other business arrangements and determine appropriate accounting in conjunction with U.S. Controller
* Finance transformation/process improvement projects coordinate with various teams to work on special projects to improve business processes and improve internal controls
* Complete field audits of Product Service Centers (some travel required)
* Other financial support as necessary.
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
* Minimum of 3 5 years experience in auditing, accounting, controllership and/or other financial roles
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
* Ability to discuss matters effectively with non-financial associates at all levels of management
* Must demonstrate personal drive and willingness to accept responsibility
* Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skills
* Ability to work independently
* Continuous improvement minded
* Results oriented
Respect for people and ability to work and communicate with all levels in the organization
Core Success Skills:
* Willingness to embrace SBD Leadership Qualities
* Controllership mindset
* Proactive not reactive
* Acts as an involved business partner to Controller and Operations teams
* Demonstrates effective teamwork
Job Specific Competencies:
* Excellent communicator
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to interact with all functions and levels of employees
* Highly motivated
* Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.