Accounting Advisory Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview:
CBIZ Tofias, the New England Division of the 7th largest accounting, tax, and consulting provider in the U.S., uniquely combines national resources with local decision making by experienced, New England-based professionals. Our specialists, skilled in accounting and auditing, tax, and a range of consulting services, are dedicated to supporting the growth and success of our clients. We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; sophisticated not-for-profit organizations; and high net worth individuals and family groups.
Our New England offices are located in Boston, MA and Providence, RI and are comprised of nearly 200 professionals. Nationally, CBIZ has over 30 financial services offices in major cities.
CBIZ Tofias offers a highly competitive benefits and compensation package to all employees. If you would like to learn more, visit our website at www.cbiztofias.com .
CBIZ Tofias' Accounting Advisory Services practice is seeking a Manager with 6+ years of experience in public accounting as well as private experience as a controller, technical accounting role or consultant to join the organization s team to support our New England practice. The Manager will be an integral part of the accounting advisory services team primarily focused on managing and providing deep expertise on client engagements and helping build out the practice. This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative and high energy team and to directly impact the performance and success of the practice.
* Provide accounting advisory support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting standards
* Outsourced CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager and Senior Accounting Staff work
* Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures
* Write technical accounting memos for various topics such as equity versus debt classification, revenue recognition, lease accounting and other technical accounting matters
* Performs technical industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
* Develops work plans and executes analyses to assess complex questions of fact, assists in preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings that will be delivered to clients and other parties
* Supervises and performs day-to-day activities in support of consulting and technical accounting advisory projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
* Assist in preparation of clients internal and external financial statements including supporting schedules and required disclosures
* Assistance with audit readiness
* Applying business processes, including IT and internal controls risks two a framework, COSO and Sarbanes Oxley 302 and 404 requirements;
* Applies accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records, preparation of complex cash flow projections, and preparation of worksheets to model business processes
* Develops new business relationships both internally at CBIZ and externally in the market place to help generate new business
* Organizes information to facilitate effective data access and analysis
* Prepares written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities
* Prepares presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties on the project scope and findings
* Develops and maintains productive working relationships with client personnel
* Familiarity and knowledge of application of SEC rules and regulations is a plus
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
* Strong technical accounting, finance, and SEC disclosure skills
* Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Well-developed aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
* Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
* Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations
* Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever changing environment to meet client needs
* Ability to manage multiple workflows simultaneously while managing time and budget
* Prior experience managing teams and the development of others
* Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced skills in Excel
* Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications
* Understanding of and experience with application and research of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting
* Principles ( U.S. GAAP ) and relevant auditing standards required.
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting required; Master s degree in related field preferred
* 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
* 3 year supervisory experience
* Must have active CPA certification
* Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf