Accounting Analyst 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Accountant provides financial and operational support for the department of Strategic Marketing and Communications. Responsibilities include cost center expense monthly reviews, purchase cards reviews, travel and expense pre-approvals, inventory control, financial analysis reports, handle vendor issues resolution and reconciliations as directed by the Director of Budget and Operations. The Accountant reports to the Director of Budget and Operations.Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline. Three (3) to four (4) years of experience working with a financial operating budget preferably in a higher education setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Strong financial analysis skills and interpersonal skills in resolving issues.
* Knowledge of accounting methods and financial practices.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and Basic knowledge of Microsoft Access and other database.
* Demonstrated forcasting abilities.
* Ability to communicate, interpret, and apply financial policies, government legislation, and accounting practices.
* Ability to enter, compile, and report financial information.
* A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
* Budget and expenditure analysis skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Accounting experience in a higher education setting.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.