This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
MYR Group Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you enjoy supporting various managers and district offices? Are you motivated by accomplishing tasks on or before the required deadline? If so, then an exciting opportunity as an Accounting Assistant awaits you!
MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country has an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Assistant in our Accounts Receivable Department located in Henderson, CO. Why should you work for MYR Group? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Accounting Assistants receive excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Accounting Assistants why they like working for MYR Group, chances are they would say, We're big and small at the same time, employee contributions are recognized at both the local and corporate levels. These are characteristics that provide an ideal environment for employees to learn, grow and develop.
What are you waiting for? Build yourself with us!
Accounting Assistant Duties:
* Data entry of A/R invoices
* Data entry of job set-ups
* Verifying and remittance Gross Receipts, Sales and Use taxes
* Research and verify Sales and Use tax rates for district offices
* Prepare journal entries and hand check request
* Analyze invoicing integrity reports
* Assist in Audits
* Assist in set up and posting for the billing module users
* Assist in A/R collections
* Various Office Responsibilities
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
Accounting Assistant Skills/Qualifications:
* A minimum of 2 years of sales and use tax experience required
* A minimum of 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience preferred
* Working knowledge of JD Edwards/AS400 payroll systems is preferred
* Proficiency with the Microsoft applications Word and Excel
* 10 key by touch
* Team Player
* Basic understanding of Business Systems
* The right candidate must be detail-oriented with exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal capabilities.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.