Accounting Associate 8/25/2016
Public Health Solutions
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Public Health Solutions is a nonprofit organization that develops implements and advocates dynamic solutions to prevent disease and improve community health. We conduct comprehensive research providing insight on public health issues, create and manage community health programs, and provide services to organizations to address public health challenges.
Contracting and Management Services (CAMS), a division of Public Health Solutions, administers millions of dollars in public health funding through "master contracts" with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH). Since 1991, CAMS has funded services for people living with HIV/AIDS under the federal Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act, and since 2000, for HIV prevention services. CAMS contracts with community-based organizations, hospitals, clinics, mental health clinics and other organizations for services in areas as diverse as early childhood mental health, cancer screening, substance abuse treatment and risk reduction, family planning and HIV/AIDS. In addition, CAMS has recently expanded its portfolio of contracting services to include a broad array of non-HIV/AIDS public health and human services initiatives.
CAMS implements innovative reimbursement and monitoring approaches, and helps service providers to meet their contractual goals through direct technical assistance and partnering with NYCDOHMH for program assistance. CAMS promotes effective service delivery, program and fiscal integrity by setting and communicating standards, and by collecting, analyzing and reporting on program data.
Public Health Solutions seeks an ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE for its Contracting and Management Services division. The Accounting Associate will work very closely with CAMS Contract Managers and Program Managers to process subcontractor payments. The Accounting Associate will reconcile open invoices and payments on a weekly basis, maintain working file folders, research and enter subcontractors payments in the New York City Payee Information Portal (PIP).
SPECIFICALLY, THE ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Data entry of payments (advance, monthly, and closeout payments) into PHS' accounting system, Fundware.
* Maintaining and archive working files for current and prior fiscal years; research subcontractor payment.
* Inputting approved contract budgets into CAMS database systems.
* Calculating and prepare advance payments according to subcontractor's instructions.
* Reconciling open invoices, payments, and cash requirements report on a weekly basis.
* Entering payment information into the NYC Payee Information Portal (PIP)
* Assisting with the subcontractors Audit Confirmation requests
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting and one year of experience preferred.
* Accurate data entry skills
* Must be detail oriented.
* Prior experience with the different data entry systems
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Public Health Solutions is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled