Accounting Associate (Pittsburgh, PA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Accounting Associate (Pittsburgh, PA)
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking an Accounting Associate for a new assignment in Pittsburgh with our Corporate Solutions Business. Our Corporate Solutions Group creates transformative outsourcing partnerships that help our clients improve the cost, efficiency, and performance of their real estate portfolio. The Accounting Associate performs accounting and finance activities for project and facility management services in support of our client.
The key processes include performing financial project closes, recording accruals and other journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
* Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance Director or Accounting Manager for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within deadlines
* Maintain working knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, Master Services Agreement and any relevant amendments or appendices
* Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on old outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly. Reconcile components of ending cash balances monthly.
* Perform or review reconciliation and true-up of funding vs. actual expenditures
* Prepare and properly documented journal entries
* Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries
* Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed, working with operations personnel
* Assist with the calculation of fees to create client invoices as needed.
* Prepare interfaces to client s systems and proper reconciliations
* Ensure compliance with both Jones Lang LaSalle Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SOC 1 formally SAS 70 internal review standards
* Record misc. cash receipts and other journal entries as appropriate
* Enter Project Management (PDS) invoices into the system
* Prepare and submit project financial closes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
* CPA/MBA a plus
* 2-5 years of relevant accounting experience
* Experience with JD Edwards platforms or other real estate financial applications desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong accounting and analytical skills
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced user of Excel (charts, pivot tables, lookups)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and time management skills
* Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
* Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
* Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
* Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
* Understanding of and commitment to client services
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 42212BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.