Accounting Clerk II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
ACCOUNTING CLERK II with our Finance Team. At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
Innovative Design Engineering Services Optimized Global Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions World-Class Manufacturing and After-Market Support Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
The Accounting Clerk II, under supervision, performs both the collection and processing of customer cash receipts into the Accounts Receivable system of the disbursement of funds to vendors in the Accounts Payable system and all other aspects of the two functions within the Finance department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Numerically account for all invoices generated each day and mail invoices timely. For Accounts Payable, account for all invoices to be paid and execute payment at the direction of Finance Management
* Check and verify records for accuracy
* Prepare invoices and/or vouchers
* Post customer cash receipts into the Accounts Receivable system; Post vendor invoices into the Accounts Payable system
* Ensure all liabilities are properly records at month end
* Post journal entries as required
* Code data for financial data processing system
* Reconcile daily activities
* File paid invoices and maintain Accounts Payable files
* Assist in maintaining customer contact regularly to ensure timely collection and a current aging
* For Accounts Receivables, assist in coordinating the resolution of invoice collection issues with Customer Service; For Accounts Payables, work with vendors to a limited extent to resolve any outstanding issues or payment schedules
* Answer both internal and external basic inquiries/references related to processing function
* Assist with the reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the General Ledger at month-end
* Perform all essential functions and competencies listed above
* Perform basic analysis of data for submission to supervision
* May be assigned projects of moderate complexity to resolve
* Prepare non-routine reports for review by management
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Ability to multitask and take on additional responsibilities as required
* Effective organization and prioritization skills
* Demonstrate high attention to detail
* Proven ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality when representing the company
* Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
* Ability to work overtime when needed
* Proven ability to work with diverse groups
* Accepting of opportunities to cross-train into other Finance operations as needed
* Participation in a continuous improvement activity
* Position performance may be measured from a combination of Corporate and Divisional Balanced Score Card Goals which will include but not limited to Financial Performance, Customer Satisfaction, Operational Excellence and Employee Focus.
* Individual position performance goals may be specific to the position, business segment or as it related to an individual s contribution or employment within the organization.
2+ years experience in the accounting field. Must have the ability to perform moderate-complex accounting tasks
2 Year accounting or related degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment