Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMy client is a well known manufacturer of paper products. They are also a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly traded retailer. The Accounting Manager will oversee a team of three and report directly to the CFO in a close and not too formal office environment. If you have ever reduced the number of days to close on a monthly basis, you would be an excellent candidate for the role.
* Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
* Process month and end year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
* Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
* Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
* Coordinate and complete annual audits
* Provide recommendations
* Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
* Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
* Meet financial accounting objectives
* Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
* Proven working experience as Accounting Manager
* Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
* Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
* Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
* High attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to direct and supervise
* BS degree in Accounting or Finance