The ACCOUNTING MANAGER is responsible for the General Ledger and General Accounting functions in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Responsibilities include managing the general ledger accounting, including all subsidiary ledgers, and the General Accounting functions to include Accounts Payable, Cash Disbursements, and Payroll.
* Maintain the Corporate General Ledger Accounting and oversee accounts payable, payroll, cash application functions and staff to ensure accurate and timely processing and reporting.
* Coordinates the Inter-company accounting activity between related companies and ensures monthly elimination of any balances.
* Performs a variety of Month End Close functions, while continuously reducing time spent on month end closing without errors or un-adjusted differences.
* Maintenance and analysis of schedules validating the integrity of the financial statements and researches all reconciling items.
* Compile reports related to annual audits and fulfillment of financial regulatory requirements including Annual Financial Statement.
* Provides support for Annual State and Federal filings and monitors local tax returns.
* Identifies and report any significant impact items affecting the financial statement and help initiate actions to address.
* Monitors and enforces Accounting Policies and Procedures
THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING:
* Four-yeardegree in Accounting or related discipline
* A combination of 5 years as a Sr. Accountant or Accounting/Finance Manager
* A thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and systems with a solid understanding of Payroll, Accounts Payable and General Ledger Accounting.
* Experience as a direct supervisor is preferred
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong PC skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite