Accounting Manager 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY $5B SEC Insurance Company--Downtown Chicago--Salary Commensurate with Experience
* Company provides a laid back culture.
* Company offers employees competitive salary and benefits package.
* Company offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans as well as retirement plans, short and long-term disability benefits, and paid time off.
NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
* Targeting 5-7 years of BIG 4 experience.
* Insurance experience highly preferred.
* SEC experiencerequired.
POSITION SUMMARY OF ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Seeking Accounting Manager to provide oversight relative to compliance with internal control over financialreporting (STAT and GAAP). The Accounting Manager also performs research and analysis of technical accounting requirements. This position performs coordination activities relative to external audits and examinations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF ACCOUNTING MANAGER
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting with 5-7 years of public accounting/industry experience.
* Experience with insurance field.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
* Strong knowledge of STAT and GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
* Excellent software application skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
* Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF ACCOUNTING MANAGER
* Oversee and monitor internal control over financialreporting in accordance with COSO 2013 framework across organization.
* Research and assist in implementation of new technical accounting pronouncements.
* Review and analyze financial statements and reports.
* Ensure reliability and integrity of financialreporting and management information systems.
* Oversee preparation of various disclosures for inclusion in SEC filings.
* Coordinate and oversee compliance with the Statutory Model Audit Rule.
* Assist in ongoing SOX coordination activities.
* Serve as primary coordinator for external audit activities and requests.
* Perform various capital adequacy analyses.
* Oversee reporting over select employee benefit plans.
* Enforce policies and procedures required for financial processes and safeguarding assets.
* Identify and execute improvements to various accounting systems and processes.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with finance management at subsidiary locations.
* Train and mentor staff.
* Complete special projects and additional duties as assigned.