This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Improve processes integral to the accounting close and financial reporting. Support business acquisition on-boarding and system integrations. Assist management and internal / external audit with interim and year-end audit procedures and SOX audits. Identify and remediate internal control deficiencies. Provide for the on-boarding and development of staff accountants and senior accountants.
* Manage the accounting close, financial consolidation and financial reporting processes. Ensure timely closing of general ledger in accordance with reporting deadlines
* Responsible for the maintenance of Therapak US in-house sales and tax use systems, records and processes
* Maintain the Sge general ledger chart of account for all Therapak US locations
* Reconcile intercompany account balances in accordance with VWR Policy.
* Support acquisition on-boarding, entity consolidations and systems integrations
* Direct accounting and control processes for the cash, receivables, inventory, plant, property & equipment, intangible asset, prepaid expense, payables, liabilities and equity accounts
* Direct customer & vendor rebate accounting and transactions processes
* Manage the capital project database. Monitor open projects for spending and closeout compliance
* Direct plant, property and equipment asset inventories. Account for PP&E asset movements and asset disposals
* Maintain the Sage general ledger chart of account for all Therapak US entities
* Comply with VWR s Accounting Policy, VWR s delegation of authority standard and VWR s Code of Conduct Policy. Insure accounting compliance with VWR s Record Management Standard
* Provide business analysis and related support for business partners, as requested
* Identify, communicate and remediate internal control deficiencies. Assist others as needed.
* Support internal and external audit requests and reviews
* Assist in the development and/or updating Sarbanes-Oxley control matrices
* Assist with SOX testing and compliance reviews
* Maintain written documentation of internal controls over accounting and financial reporting
* Review and approves journal entries and account reconciliations
* Prepare and /or review quarterly accounting memos that support discretionary account balances
* Insure timely delivery of fluctuation analyses and other information requests
* Respond to corporate information and analysis requests
* Drive continuous process analysis and improvement
* Maintain the Sage financial hierarchy for the reporting segments
* Insure integrity of manufacturing accounting policies and practices
* On-board and develop staff / senior accountants; facilitates Sage, in-house databases, and other systems training
* Maintain 1099, property tax, database and reporting
Experience & Skills:
* A thorough understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Proficiency in developing accounting policies and procedures
* Self motivated, customer advocate with a bias for action
* Effectiveness working in a collaborative and team-oriented work environment
* Knowledge and experience working in a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) environment
* Ability to compile, complete and analyze financial data / statements
* Proactive communication capabilities / open candid dialogue
* Strong analytical and organization skills
* Scheduling flexibility to accommodate variable work demand
* Strong leadership skills and strong team building skills
* Ability to balance priorities, manage and thrive in a complex, global business environment
* High level of energy and a passion to excel
* Accountability and results focus
* An ability to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including peers, subordinates, senior finance associates, commercial and operational professionals, customers and vendors
* Associate must have a minimum of a four-year degree in Accounting or Finance. Certifications are a plus, but not required, (i.e., CPA, CMA, CIA, etc.) however it is expected that they are a future goal of the associate. MBA or CPA is strongly desired. An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, a strong aptitude in accounting, as well as a technical foundation in financial analysis.
* Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible accounting / audit experience in distribution and/or manufacturing businesses. Big 4 audit experience is desired. Experience in a multi-site, global manufacturing /distribution organization is desired. Sage experience is desired.
* Microsoft Office knowledge, specifically Excel is necessary and Sage knowledge is preferred.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs .
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without