This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
D.R. Horton, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIOND.R. HORTON, INC., THE LARGEST HOMEBUILDER IN THE U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an ACCOUNTING MANAGER for their Corporate Accounting Department. The right candidate will provide accounting support to the Company's operating Divisions, execute various corporate accounting functions and other accounting or finance projects as assigned.
* Ability to understand the DHI business model and desire to improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
* Provide outstanding service and support to their assigned divisions when interfacing with various corporate departments. (Act as a liaison and advocate for the division between corporate and division.)
* Perform monthly analysis & reviews of assigned divisions' financial statements, general ledger, job cost information and operations metrics.
* Provide systems, policies and procedures training and ongoing guidance to assigned divisions.
* Lead the monthly and quarterly accounting close process for assigned divisions.
* Assist divisions in developing the proper accounting treatment for complex and/or unusual transactions.
* Role is both support/service and control.
* Role is intended to be training ground for future Division CFO and Controllers.
ATTRIBUTES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
* Great people skills!! - Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers (clerical to executive management).
* Customer service mentality - Corporate Accounting is a support department!
* Initiative and ability to work with limited direction - a self starter and quick learner
* Must successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities
* Able to lead and develop Staff and Senior Accountants
* Be able to handle rapid growth and a constantly changing environment
* Must have a strong knowledge of GAAP - able to see through complex transactions to proper accounting treatment.
* Strong professional communication skills - able to communicate complex financial concepts to non-accountants.
* Good working knowledge of internal controls.
* Ability to travel
* Willingness to relocate as Divisional roles become available
* CPA (must have or be a legitimate candidate)
* Public Accounting (2+ years). Big 4 preferred.
* Ideally, the candidate would have Homebuilding industry experience using JD Edwards World software (especially G/L and Job Cost).
* Experience with job cost (cost accounting) environments is very helpful.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. _BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH D.R. HORTON, AMERICA\'S BUILDER. _
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!