This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Westlake Chemical Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Manage Corporate Accounting staff and functions to include general accounting, coordination with Operations accounting regarding accounting close and reporting matters, consolidations and monthly reporting. Position also has contact with independent auditors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage all Corporate Accounting functions, including general accounting of corporate entities.
* Lead the close process for all corporate entities.
* Direct monthly close matters with Operations accounting.
* Lead monthly consolidation process, ensuring it is performed accurately and timely.
* Lead the reconciliation process of GL and bank accounts and review completed reconciliations and provide feedback to staff.
* Oversee accounting for stock-based compensation.
* Direct the analysis of critical accounts and balances, review results and provide feedback to staff.
* Direct preparation of monthly internal Management reporting package and other analyses as needed.
* Direct the preparation of critical SEC supporting reports and documents.
* Coordinate and direct the development of monthly forecasts and year-end CAO s Department budget processes.
* Primary contact with outside audit firm on quarterly reviews and year-end audit of corporate accounts and key analysis.
* Train and develop staff in their areas, as needed. Provide performance feedback and coaching.
* Keep current with technical accounting pronouncements and trends, analyzing their impact on the Company, and application of new accounting pronouncements.
* Ensure appropriate and adequate controls in the corporate accounting functions. Enforce control compliance by staff.
* Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities.
* Any additional responsibilities or special projects as assigned, including M&A activities as they relate to the Corporate Accounting function.
Supervise subordinates in the described areas. Subordinates may be supervising multiple employees.
* CPA and or MBA with ten plus years of progressive accounting experience in both public accounting and the private sector is preferred, with experience with a Chemical or refinery company being a plus.
* Knowledge of SAP and SAP BPC is critical to the position.
* Knowledge of GAAP, general and cost accounting, financial statements preparation and SEC reporting rules and regulations is critical.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
* Self-motivated, team-oriented, enthusiastic individual who works well under tight deadlines.
* Strong organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple projects at once.
* Willing to work extended hours when working towards reporting deadlines.
* Previous managerial experience is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 25% including air travel or auto travel.