This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMughal and Associates Corporate Recruitment is seeking an ACCOUNTING MANAGER for our client, a prominent Investment Firm located in Downtown Miami. Our client offers an excellent base pay plus Bonus and Benefits!
The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Senior Management to coordinate review of monthly journal entries, related reconciliations of roll forward reports and account reconciliations. Strict attention to detail is critical as is meeting department deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervise and review the preparation of all accounting entries related to assigned areas, ensuring accounting is consistent with company policies and GAAP.
* Supervise and review the preparation of monthly variance explanations for significant fluctuations from Actual to Forecast 2, Prior Period and Plan, as used in Flash meetings.
* Review monthly bank account reconciliations under areas of responsibility on a timely basis.
* Train staff and/or facilitate the training needed by staff to achieve departmental goals.
* Assist with the annual budgeting process (if needed).
* Make recommendations to improve existing processes.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field. Masters is a plus.
* CPA is a must.
* 2-4years of Accounting experience in Big 4.
* 5+ years of Accounting experience.
* Solid understanding and ability to apply U.S. GAAP.