A rapidly growing entertainment media company is seeking a reliable Accounting Manager to supervise, monitor, and evaluate day-to-day accounting activities. The Accounting Manager is responsible for areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises one staff accountant and is responsible for ensuring that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager will report to the Company's Assistant Controller/Director of Accounting and have contact with senior-level Executives in other departments which requires strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
* Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
* Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
* Collaborate with the Assistant Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
* Ensure the accurate and timely processing of revenues and expenses.
* Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and procedures.
* Supports annual budget and monthly forecasting activities.
* Collaborates with the other finance department members to support overall department goals and objectives.
* Monitors and analyzes department workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
* Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
* Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, Assistant Controller and other finance and Company-wide executives.
* Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
* Assist in the daily banking requirements.
* Establish annual goals and objectives for direct reports and monitor the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
* Support overall department goals and objectives.
* Complete special projects as needed.
* BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
* Four to six years prior experience (with supervisory experience) in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
* Experience working in a private company is also desired.
* Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a high performance setting.
* Advance computer skills using MS Office and accounting software.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.