This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems Technologies
* Ensure accurate and timely month, quarter and year end closes and reporting of monthly financial information and analytics
* Manage the general ledger (chart of accounts, closing periods, etc.)
* Prepare journal entries for the month end closing cycle
* Manage banking relationship and ensure smooth processing of payments and collections
* Perform daily bank reconciliations and cash forecasting
* Analyze monthly balance sheet accounts for accuracy and issue any required journal entries
* Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
* Maintain deferred revenue schedules and ensure proper revenue recognition
* Perform monthly/quarterly sales commission calculations
* Support budget and forecasting activities
* Collaborate with the other finance department managers and staff to support overall department goals and objectives.
* Monitor and analyze department work efforts and develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
* Serve as lead operational contact for financial auditors
* Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
* Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
* Manage a team of accounting professionals and provide strategic direction to meet finance departmental goals
* Five to seven years accounting/general ledger experience with supervisory experience
* Knowledge of generally accounting principles, budgeting, and cost control principles
* Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
* Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting processes
* Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* BSdegree in Accounting
* CPA preferred (obtained or in process)