Accounting Manager Reporting
* Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures.
* Research, analyze and prepare white papers on accounting issues and policies.
* Provide reporting for new transactions, as needed.
* Review 10-K and 10-Q accounting disclosure in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations.
* Research the accounting impact relating to the adoption and implementation of new accounting standards to ensure adequate financial statement disclosure.
* Oversee the implementation and documentation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, working with outside internal auditors.
* Evaluate current accounting practices, policies, and controls to identify potential improvements to key processes and controls.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in public accounting.
* Strong analytical skills, strong Excel skills, and excellent communication skills required.
* Effective communication (both oral and written).
* Ability to successfully address multiple priorities and projects.
* Previous SEC reporting and SOX compliance experiencerequired.
* Understanding of the residential REIT industry.