Accounting Manager 9/1/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _ACCOUNTANTS2GO__ is a full-service placement firm specializing in accounting Positions that customizes staffing and consulting solutions for companies ranging from emerging growth to Fortune 50. Services include Direct Hire and Contract Staffing. The San Francisco Bay Area Based firm provides local market expertise in Northern California employment markets and utilizes internet technologies and a network of consulting CFO's and CPA's who provide local representation in virtually every metropolitan community in the U.S._
ACCOUNTING MANAGER - SANTA CLARA, CA
Our client is a leading provider of housing opportunities, shelter, and services to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for grant accounting and invoicing, cost accounting, general ledger maintenance, monthly and year-end general ledger close, fixed asset accounting, accounts receivable and collections, and accounts payable.
* Plan, organize, and direct the work of staff;
* Mentor and develop staff;
* Accurate and timely preparation of grant invoices;
* Review and approve grant invoices;
* Cost accounting including appropriate coding and tracking of all grant related expenses;
* Monthly and year-end close;
* Preparation of schedules for grant audits;
* Accounts receivable management including collections;
* Accounts payable management;
* Cash receipts depositing, posting and control;
* Fixed asset accounting including depreciation allocation;
* Ensure the appropriate and accurate classification of revenue and expenses and related accruals;
* Review and approve monthly reclassification and adjusting journal entries;
* Preparation of forms and reports including 1099s, property tax welfare exemptions, and business property tax;
* Preparation of schedules for annual financial and single audits;
* Maintain record keeping, reporting and communication between company and its outside general ledger provider and accounting service;
* Work with contracts manager and other staff to prepare grant applications and RFPs;
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business administration or related field;
* A minimum of five years' experience in accounting;
* Must have non-profit experience;
* A minimum of three years' experience supervising two or more staff performing accounting functions;
* Hands-on experience with a variety of accounting and reporting software and tools; Sage MIP or Financial Edge, a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills;
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.