Accounting Manager ~ Logan Township, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Responsible for overseeing and directing local accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, and cost accounting. Prepare periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participate in the development of specialized financial data. Oversee and prepare entries and adjustments to Company records, files, and statements. Assist with financial and variance analyses and budget preparation. Provide managers with information necessary for sound decision-making. Direct, train, supervise, and appraise accounting personnel.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assume responsibility for the effective performance of the local Accounting Department functions.
* Ensure accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
* Prepare journal entries and balance work in more complicated accounting areas.
* Oversee the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports. Review financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the Company s financial position to various regulatory agencies.
* Oversee grower accounting and liquidation process.
* Research and resolve accounting errors and discrepancies.
* Assist with budget preparations and financial analyses. Monitor costs and expenses.
* Prepare regular reports and statements for local and upper management.
* Ensure accounting functions are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations.
* Manage and directly supervise assigned Accounting staff; perform all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage personnel, including:
* Provide leadership to staff through effective, objective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
* Establish and maintain effective business relations with vendors, governmental agencies, and outside business and accounting professionals.
* Respond to questions and problems politely and promptly.
* Ensure that outside contacts are properly informed.
* Ensure that the Company s professional reputation is projected and maintained.
* Assume responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
* Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
* Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
* Stay informed of developments in the accounting field and/or of changing governmental and legal requirements.
* Embrace a high regard for safety. Observe all Company safety policies and procedures.
* Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, including providing guidance to accounting staff, managers and others.
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures; embody and demonstrate these behaviors in a leadership role.
* Build and maintain a qualified staff through effective recruiting;
* Communicate areas of responsibility and performance expectations, ensuring accountability for performance;
* Provide coaching, constructive feedback and timely, effective performance evaluations and development plans to improve skills, knowledge and abilities.
* Formulate and implement corrective actions, as needed.
* Ensure proper training of employees; provide support as needed.
* Foster a cooperative and harmonious work environment to maximize employee morale and productivity.
* Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
* Strong analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities; strong attention to detail.
* Strong ability to extract, analyze and efficiently report financial performance; able to convert data into meaningful information
* Highly motivated self-starter with high intellectual ability, self-confidence and strong leadership abilities.
* High ethical qualities to present financial data honestly and accurately.
* Strong initiative and ability to resolve issues skillfully, appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills; able to communicate clearly, professionally and a proactive manner.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize and plan work activities for self and others.
* Able to handle multiple projects and prioritize appropriately based on deadlines
* .Ability to produce high quality correspondence, spreadsheets, reports and presentations as necessary.
* Able to work with minimal supervision and maintain high level of confidentiality.
* Advanced computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook; strong working knowledge of Great Plains and/or other similar software.
* Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels; a team player capable of exemplifying these qualities in a leadership role.
* Able to question the status quo and improve processes.
* Desire and ability to accept new and/or changing responsibilities to develop professionally within the organization; willingness to accept assignments that stretch current skills and abilities.
* Ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate others; able to effectively delegate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Minimum 5 years general accounting experience required. Minimum 3 years experience supervising others, including coaching, training, leadership and guidance. Previous experience working in a highly complex, fast-paced environment. Strong computer skills using business and database applications software, including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook. Strong working knowledge of accounting within a distribution and/or consignment environment. Strong organizational, communication, analytical and math skills required. Excellent working knowledge of SOX and GAAP requirements; Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports. Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements. Good understanding of the organization s goals and objectives. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus. Must possess a commitment to work varied hours to accomplish tasks and be able to travel as required. Valid driver s license required.
System implementation experience is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.