This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEclaro is currently recruiting for an accounting specialist for one of our clients. This position is a direct hire with our client and will sit in Benicia, California.
Under the management of the Controller, the INVENTORY ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST will be responsible for all inventory accounting functions. The Inventory Accounting Specialist's responsibilities include acting as a liaison between the Accounting Department, Inventory Control and Merchandising. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing monthly journal entries and other closing responsibilities in order to produce timely and accurate financial reports.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances.
* Assisting in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory.
* Verifying accurate average costing.
* Monitoring inventory transactions
* Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger.
* Monthly analysis of excess inventory, obsolescence, shortages and related freight costs.
* Examine inventory accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
* Preparing monthly journal entries as needed.
* Document inventory accounting procedures and internal controls.
* Supervise and manage the daily activities of the Vendor Returns Manager.
* Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time - quite often on short notice - by the Controller
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Collaboration Skills - Experience with and successful at cross functional role spanning.
* Ethical Conduct - Act professionally, honestly and respectfully towards all internal and external clients.
* Thoroughness - Ability to analyze accounting records to assess for accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards.
* A Bachelor's degree in accounting, or a Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
* 4-6 years' experience in accounting is required.
* Financial Management - You are highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data and have worked for a company with annual revenue of $100M to $400M.
* Proven and well versed use of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP).
* Advanced skills in use of Microsoft Excel a must as well as strong Word and other Microsoft Office skills.
* Great written and verbal communication skills.
* Exceptional work habits, including a willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
* Retail Pro and SAGE 100 experience a plus.
well versed in US GAP, Higher Education in Business or Accounting 4-6 years in Accounting experience
WHAT ARE THE NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS
Experience Age100, Advanced skills in Excel