This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
The North Carolina Arboretum
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is a 30-hour per week opening. The Accounting Technicial will assist the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Business Officer in providing financial services to all departments within The North Carolina Arboretum Society and The North Carolina Arboretum (TNCA).
Duties will include:
Financial Program Management
* This position is responsible for utilizing QuickBooks Enterprise for Non-Profits to maintain bookkeeping. QuickBooks is used for budgeting, cash receipts & disbursements, maintaining multiple bank accounts with several banks and foundations, A/P and A/R, monthly budget reports for Program Managers, tracking of In-Kind gifts, grants and donations.
* Develop, analyze and produce recurring and nonrecurring financial reports to be provided to the CFO/COO and other leadership positions as requested.
* Analyze and prepare state sales tax reports for payment to the State of North Carolina.
* Reconcile monthly compensation reports and submission of reimbursement of compensation.
* Provide data entry associated with monthly journal entries revenue, adjustments/COGS/consignment sales, etc.
* Track all fixed assets in Asset Keeper Pro software system includes insuring accuracy of the information associated with fixed assets including description, date of purchase, amount, life of asset and any s/n available.
* Complete annual analysis and reporting of the fixed assets gifted to the state and subsequent journal entries in QuickBooks as well as removal from the asset management system.
* Reconcile and enter deposit data in Altru and QuickBooks. Utilize Wells Fargo website and the BBMS site to verify deposit amounts and print detailed reports using appropriate software.
* Receive and process membership payments by retrieving payments from membership applications received through the US mail or in the Administration and Finance Office prior to release of the application to the Membership Department. Comply with cash handling procedures implemented by The North Carolina Arboretum and The North Carolina Arboretum Society.
Administrative and Customer Service Duties
* Provide assistance with or completion of travel, education or other required forms to Arboretum staff, interns, members of the Board of Directors for The North Carolina Arboretum and The North Carolina Arboretum Society, or other persons, to facilitate processes as required by TNCA, Western Carolina University and The North Carolina Arboretum Society.
* Assist Program Managers with budget matters including responding to general questions; processing of payments; processing of invoices; clarification of TNCA, TNCAS, University or State financial policies, etc.
* Serve as back-up for the Business Services Manager. Position is responsible for providing all critical services normally provided by the Business Services Manager including reconciliation of the weekend gatehouse money bags, preparation of the daily deposit and change orders.
* Assist in providing customer service with the Administration and Finance Office, including answering phone and in person inquires, processing of mail, and other functions as required.
* Serve as back up for registration services and maintain updated knowledge and understanding of registration policies and processes for adult and youth programs.
* Assist CFO/COO with preparation for annual audit including development and completion of reports required by the auditors, data entry for year-end activities including journal entries, transfers, etc.
* Other duties as assigned by the CFO/CBO.