Accounts Payable Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
This position supports the US Accounts Payable function to maintain processes and controls to ensure integrity of the accounts payable system. As a member of the US AP team, he/she will participate in the delivery of reliable AP services to support the business needs. The AP team is made up of a combination of outsourced processors and in-house members responsible for oversight, payments, nonstandard invoice processing and continuous process improvement.
* Support all nonstandard invoice processing; including uploads for large lime item invoices.
* Monitor invoice flow through automated approval system and make adjustments as necessary to ensure timely processing.
* Review U.S. office invoices for appropriate approvals and accuracy
* Provide excellent customer service by responding to customer inquiries (internal and external) in a timely and accurate manner
* Ensure accurate coding of invoices to appropriate general ledger accounts
* Enter priority and time-sensitive U.S. invoices when needed; and prepare emergency (manual) checks
* Prepare monthly invoices for automated upload process
* Enter voids and stop payments into A/P system and on-line bank system
* Process check runs and mail out checks
* Process EFT (electronic fund transfer) runs and send electronic file to bank weekly
* Process wire payments daily and perform weekly reconciliation of the wire invoice entry against treasury wire payments
* Process Positive Pay file daily
* Respond in a timely manner to phone and email inquiries from local offices, other departments and vendors for payment information or any other inquiries
* Be an Amex CAR(Corporate account reconciliation) administrator and process monthly Amex uploads
* Assist AP Supervisor in leading the monthly Accounts Payable close
* Work closely with the General Ledger team to ensure accurate amounting of payments and to clear reconciling items
Job Responsibilities Continued
* Continuously look to identify and drive opportunities to improve processes
* Actively work on transitioning vendors to ACH payment method
* Complete 1099 s annually, mail to vendors and file with the IRS
* Assist in training for local office finance staff
* Assist in maintaining AP Procedures Manual and making sure all documentation is current
* Closely follow procedures and ensure control measures are maintained
* Work as a team and be able to take the lead in working through problems
* Assist with year-end audit schedules
* Assist with monthly reconciliations as needed
* Back-up for outside A/P Agents and Accounts Payable intern as needed including
* Processing invoices through Palette
* Responding to email inquiries
* Processing uploads and reclasses as needed
Basic Job Requirements
* BA or BS Degree with strong accounting skills and 4+ years experience required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
* Oracle Accounts Payable experience strongly preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a drive to provide a high level of customer service
* Experience working with an outsourced AP function a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 3156BR