Accounts Payable Asst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: Under the direction of the A/P Manager, the successful incumbent will process payable invoices, to include verifying invoice information and data entry. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring company employees understand the policies and processes related to the processing of invoices, expense reports, petty cash and purchasing card charges. The A/P associate will need to be able to assist with questions regarding accounts payable records with vendors and Ferrellgas employees. The A/P associate will be required to work with the team to meet department goals and deadlines.
* Processes payable invoices by verifying invoice information and data entry.
* Communicates policy regarding processing of invoices, expense reports, petty cash and purchasing card charges.
* Meets team and department goals and deadlines as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1-2 years of Accounts Payable experience
* Problem solver with strong attention to detail
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking
* Strong PC skills in Excel and Word
* A true team player with strong interpersonal skills
* 10-key by touch
* Previous customer service experience
* PeopleSoft experience is a plus
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Accounting, finance, accounts payable, entry level, invoicing