Accounts Payable, Billing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Compile data, compute fees and charges and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Responsible for computing company charges, itemizing statements or invoices and computing payroll. Typically has a High School degree and experience with bookkeeping.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Balance and reconcile batch control totals with source documents or computer listings in order to locate errors, encode correct amounts, or prepare correction records
* Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered
* Reconcile and post receipts for cash received by various departments
* Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data and keeping other records concerning costs and shipments
* Compute payroll and retirement amounts, applying knowledge of payroll deductions, actuarial tables, disability factors, and survivor allowances
* Maintain ledgers and registers, posting charges and refunds to individual funds, and computing and verifying balances
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED:
* High School Diploma is required. Candidates with a higher education in accounting or related field would be great to see
* 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required
* Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time
* Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed
* Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
* Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software