Accounts Payable Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Seattle division.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
Accounts Payable & Subcontracts Procure to Pay:
* Monitor and develop staff. Perform annual as well as regular performance appraisals. Proven track of succession planning.
* Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize Procure to Pay goals and objectives
* Building and keeping strong relationships with operational departments as Clients is critical
* Manage AP and Subcontracts team ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are tracked and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to
* Manage the disbursements process ensuring that controls are in place and effective and that disbursements are in compliance with targets set by Treasury
* Ensure that robust internal controls, processes and systems are in place across the entire AP department, including regular supplier statement reconciliations
* Manage 3rd party service providers
* Perform the Project Manager role on various department projects/initiatives. Undertake ad hoc projects as required.
* Manage the accounts payable monthly close process (calendar, reviews, reconciliations, analysis, reporting)
* Manage annual filings, including forms 1099 and other statutory compliance requirements
* Manage credit card transaction detail and reconcile credit card system
* Respond to inquiries regarding expense reimbursement policy and address any deviations from policy
* Continuously improve and optimize systems, processes and procedures
* Deliver process transformation, change management and technology initiatives to enable visibility and controls
* Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers & industry experts; identify and implement opportunities
* Drive the adoption and use of Lean 6 Sigma & Process Excellence tools and techniques within the AP team
Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred plus 7+ years of related experience
* Examples of driving business process design, reengineering or transformation
* Examples of delivering results through operational excellence and process improvement methodology such as six sigma or kaizen.
* Experience defining business requirements and helping identify solutions through both process improvement and technology
* Demonstrated ability to stay organized and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
* Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements.
* Experience defining KPIs and operational metrics
* MBA/CPA/PMP or other certification preferred
* Green Belt, Black Belt or Similar Certification
* A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
* Previous experience in the construction industry preferred.
* Knowledge of state mechanics lien law procedures and sales tax laws pertaining to construction preferred.
* Knowledge of lump sum and cost-plus billing procedures preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* Normal office working conditions.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.