Accounts Payable Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGlobal reach. Local results.
Ports America is proud to be the largest terminal operator and stevedore in the United States, operating in more than 42 ports and 80 locations.
We provide clients with a distinct competitive advantage, combining the flexibility of global connection with the efficiency of local expertise. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction, consistently delivering measurable results. And our commitment to safety in the workplace is second to none.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a high-level accounts payable position within the Shared Service Center. The AP Specialist III, under supervision from the AP Manager, is responsible for providing daily disbursements and customer support.
* Processing of daily payments including ACH, Domestic/International wires, and in-house check printing.
* Frequent interaction with financial institution to execute payment files or resolve file issues.
* Voiding/stopping/reissue checks as necessary or obtaining check copies.
* Troubleshooting issues with vendor payments.
* Identifies problems and recommends solutions to present to the AP Manager for review and discussion.
* Office environment
* Travel -- minimal
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 3+ years Accounts Payable experience focused on invoice processing and payment disbursements
* Solid customer support experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Follow policies and procedures to prepare checks, ACH, wires
* Ability to communicate effectively through email or phone
* Ability to work within system interface structure
* Proficient excel skills, ability to understand various systems (Mainpac and Oracle)
* Ability to work within banking system Portal for processing and researching.
* Highly organized and able to prioritize workload with minimal direction
* Able to meet deadlines and work in fast paced environment
* Strong customer service to internal and external customers
* Oracle experience, 10-Key Proficiency, Excel, MS Outlook
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled