Accounts Payable Specialist 9/2/2016
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 365 locations in 46 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 4,000 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
This position demands a strong accounting professional that is detail-oriented, a self-starter, and an accurate processor.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for implementing the accounting policies and procedures to insure the consistent and timely payment to vendors with the appropriate supporting documentation.
Additionally, the Accounts Payable Specialist works closely with the Beacon Branches, Accounts Payable Manager and Assistant Managers, and other AP Specialists. This position will maintain the accounting system for vendor payments and develop and maintain procedures to accurately capture and report costs.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Receive, stamp, and process all incoming mail containing invoices and statements.
* Scan Batch Recap and Check Run reports into the IntelliChief image system.
* Scan vendor invoices and supporting documents into the IntelliChief image system.
* Index vendor invoices and supporting documents into the IntelliChief image system.
* Input Accounts Payable invoices into the AP Mincron system, ensuring proper general ledger coding and payment authorization.
* Review and verify batches of other team members.
* Process AP checks and reconcile the Cash Requirements report to the Check Register report.
* Research outstanding AP variances, short payments, etc. (includes vendor statements).
* Communicate daily with branches and vendors to clear problems that arise and ensure invoices are paid within a timely manner.
* Assisting in answering AP Department telephone system and route calls appropriately.
* Handle other special assignments or projects as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Quick and accurate 10 key skills.
* High level of attention to details.
* Fundamental knowledge of the flow of accounts payable.
* Good math and critical thinking skills.
* Possess a positive and professional attitude and approach.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) when dealing with vendors, management and team members.
* Ability to work as a team player.
* Ability to handle confidential information, multiple tasks, and prioritize duties.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Adequate skill in MS Office (Word and Excel) and ability to learn new software and systems.
* Must have knowledge of proper style, format, grammar, punctuation, spelling and general English.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must pass a company required drug test.
* Prior Accounts Payable experience is a plus.
* AP Department personnel, including management, on a regular basis.
* Beacon Branch employees, on a regular basis.
* Beacon Roofing Supply Vendor representatives, on a regular basis.