Accounts Payable Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08752-11863
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for reviewing, validating, and processing all invoices for payment according to the department s policies and procedures. The Accounts Payable Specialist is also responsible for the timely resolution of all invoice discrepancies, ensuring the facilities remain in good standing with the vendor community, and ensuring that all accruals are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
SUPERVISOR Accounts Payable Manager
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Compile and review accounts payable documents and prepare document batches for processing
* Record appropriate vendor, expense account number, and tax information when processing payments
* Match supplier credit memos with hospital debit memos and process them in a timely manner; Investigate and resolve any identified discrepancies in a timely manner
* Record all manual checks issued by the facilities accurately and efficiently
* Respond to employee and vendor inquires in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
* Prepare accounts payable reports and maintain accounts payable records according to department policies and procedures
* Review and correct OPAY report weekly to ensure the accuracy of the accruals
* Review and correct suspended voucher report weekly to ensure that all discrepancies are resolved
* Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, vendors, and the management team
* Demonstrate effective problem solving skills
* Demonstrate comprehensive job knowledge
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Communication communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal skills able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* Policies & Procedures demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic skills able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
High School Diploma or GED required
One year previous accounts payable experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Last Edited: 09/13/2016