Accounts Payable Specialist
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for various AP invoice processing duties. This position reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
* Scan and label invoices.
* Enter and attached scanned invoices into ERP system
* Assist with payment processing.
* Maintain departmental files.
* Work with suppliers, requestor, procurement and receiving to facilitate the timely resolution of outstanding transactions, invoice holds and payment issues.
* Adhere to established guidelines for daily invoice volume, cycle time and accuracy.
* Respond to invoice and payment inquiries within 24 hours, while providing an exceptional level of customer services.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Comprehension of the Accounts Payable cycle.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong problem solving, decision making, analytical, and verbal and written communications skills.
* Understanding of month end cut-off and accrual procedures.
* Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
* SAP is required
Personal Attributes Needed:
* Ability to work under pressure in a multitasked environment.
* Ability to quickly master ERP Application entry and inquiry.
* Ability to communicate both by phone and in person.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service focus.
* Demonstrated integrity, respect, commitment to excellence, and collaboration skills.
* Tactfulness in dealing with vendors and employees.
Education and Experience:
* Experience in Accounts Payable function preferable.
* Experience with integrated accounting systems required, Oracle preferable.
* Experience in biotech or manufacturing preferable.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.