Accounts Payable Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAccounts Payable SupervisorJob ID #:
Worcester, MAFunctional Area:
Accounting / Finance SBU:
85620 - Enterprise Support ServicesPosition Type:
Full - Time Education Required:
Bachelors DegreeExperience Required:
5 - 7 Years Relocation Provided:
NoJob DescriptionWhere Great People Build Successful Careers.The Hanover is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our Team at our Worcester, MA Corporate Headquarters.Overview/Summary:
Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities within the Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, Fleet, and Corporate Card programs. Responsibilities include timely response to production needs, corrective maintenance, vendor and customer support, fulfilling regulatory, compliance and auditing requirements, and identifying and implementing operational enhancements.The Operations Supervisor directs the day-to-day end user business support of the associated applications and policies. The Operations Supervisor evaluates the work of each team member and provides input on performance and quality.Responsibilities/Essential Functions (Allocation of time optional. If included, represents estimated time allocation and is subject to change):
* Oversee and contribute directly to the daily processing activities of the Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense Management, Fleet, and Corporate Card programs.
* With guidance and input from the team, establish and communicate the AP Financial Close schedule, policies and procedures throughout the Company.
* Verify the accuracy and completion of daily system processing.
* Maintain, analyze, and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports.
* Ensure adherence to internal and external financial controls and policies.
* Act as the point of escalation for internal customer and external vendor issues.
* Manage and balance on-shore and off-shore staff to meet required output levels.
* Respond to production problems, as needed, in a timely and effective manner with an appropriate sense of urgency. Communicate production problem status and disposition to appropriate Company management and staff.
* Establish performance goals and evaluate the work of each team member, providing input on performance and quality. Prepare performance reviews and maintain records for team members.
* Assist in the testing of software upgrades, including developing and executing various system test plans for the PeopleSoft Financials System, Procure-to-Pay, Expense Reimbursement, and other systems used by the team.
* Identify and lead process improvement opportunities on an enterprise and divisional basis, as appropriate, involving various business areas.
* Proactively implement actions in anticipation of problems or customer-raised issues.Position RequirementsRequired Skills, Key Competencies and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of experience in financial operation processes.
* Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and supervise on-shore and off-shore staff, scope, and work.
* Able to make decisions quickly and effectively
* Must have prior exposure to SOX governance/controls
* Experience working with internal and external auditors
* Able to manage the daily stress of production support and associated problemsKey CompetenciesBusiness Knowledge:
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of Finance and Accounting operational practices and controls
* Have experience and knowledge of customer and supplier relationships and issues
* Have knowledge of the basic factors that influence the financial well-being of the Corporation
* Understand the internal financial management principles and budgetsRelationship Management Skills:
* Manage, motivate, and lead team to meet work objectives
* Consult, respond to, and communicate with customers to manage expectations and to set priorities
* Quickly and objectively identify and resolve conflict
* Collaborate, influence, and negotiate with internal and external entities (team, business, leadership, vendors)Communications Skills:
* Prepare and deliver cohesive, concise and clear oral and written communications
* Use a variety of communication styles and formats, appropriate to the audience and situation
* Communicate effectively with management at all levels of the company.Interpersonal Skills:
* Self-directing; take initiative, well organized
* Proactively implement actions in anticipation of problems or customer-raised issues;
* Demonstrate leadership by example; support change within the organization
* Apply cognitive and strong analytical skills by demonstrating a logical approach to problem identification and resolution
* Able to manage and discern the appropriate amount of risk
* Ability to remain calm and maintain composure in stressful situationsPhysical Demands and Work Environment:
* Able to use a personal computer and standard office equipmentRecognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes, The Hanover is proud to be among the top property and casualty insurers in the United States. The Hanover offers a collaborative environment where you'll gain new experiences and grow your career. The Hanover offers comprehensive benefits to help you stay healthy, build financial security, and maintain work/life balance. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.EEO statement:
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.' .