Accounts Receivable 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
* Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
* Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
* Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
* Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
* Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
* Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
* Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
* Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
* Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication