Accounts Receivable Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOFFICE LOCATIONArlington, Virginia (VA)AA100WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Accounts Receivable (A/R) Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Accounts Receivable team in Worldwide Office of Finance.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe Accounts/Receivable (A/R) Manager is responsible for the organization's cash receipting processes and the management of certain key receivables to ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, legal and accounting standards, and financial best practice. S/he oversees the deposit and recordation of all cash (and equivalent) received by The Nature Conservancy's Worldwide Office in Arlington, VA, as well as the processing of cash receipts from lockbox vendors. The A/R Manager has lead responsibility for all matters related to cash receipting across the organization -- providing training, expert advice, and logistical support to other TNC offices who receipt funds - and also oversees the recording of certain key receivables, most notably the organization's substantial pledges receivable. S/he works actively with counterparts in other parts of the organization to ensure the timely processing and accurate recording of all pledges and receipts.The A/R Manager supervises a team of specialists who perform data entry, quality assurance, and cash reconciliation activities. The A/R Manager is expected to attain and maintain a high level of proficiency in the Conservancy's financial and fundraising systems-both integral to the cash receipting process-and is expected to provide strong leadership in the application of technology to meet business needs. Because the manager oversees an operation which handles large amounts of money, the position requires a person of the highest integrity.
* RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
* Manages functional activity towards program's strategic goals.
* Works toward meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans, completing and/or overseeing day-to-day tasks.
* Implements and manages new initiatives.
* Manages and implements multiple projects.
* Ensures the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
* Works within a budget, negotiating and contracting with vendors.
* Decisions may bind organization financially and legally.
* Supervises a team of financial specialists.
* Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
* Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
* May manage or participate in complex negotiations.
* Reports to leadership on activities.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
* Experience with accounting principles, practices and regulations.
* Experience recruiting, supervising and developing staff.
* Experience with GAAP.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
* Experience monitoring for and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice.
* Experience analyzing a regulatory framework and applying it to the situation at hand.
* Expert knowledge of GAAP, especially as it relates to nonprofit contribution revenue.
* Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls; interpreting guidelines and analyzing factual information to adapt or modify processes as needed.
* Ability to resolve complex issues independently within program area.
* Experience acting as a resource to others to solve problems.
* Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
* Multi-cultural or cross cultural experience preferred.HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44624, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 20, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Accounts Receivable Manager
* DC Metro Area
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Full-Time .