Accounts Receivable Risk Account Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for conducting reconciliation activities on troubled tenant customers as well as acting as a liaison between the A/R Reconciliation Department, Legal Department and contracted Collection agencies. This position is responsible for analyzing, researching, resolving issues and variances arising from nonpayment, short payment, or cash application related to assigned customers. Also responsible for making recommendations to Management regarding the collectability on assigned customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Coordinate demand letters and monitor cure period.
* Lead meetings with internal counsel and Executive Team regarding status of portfolio and recommendations for next action.
* Reporting on collection matters including legal collections and troubled status.
* Coordinate all internal Legal and external Collection agencies for accounts less than $25,000.
* Main point of contact for outside collection agencies less than $25,000.
* Review and research a high volume of transactions, identifying root causes of discrepancies and recognize resolutions, document issues and report to management.
* Provide customer service regarding collection issues.
o Identify, review, and prepare account adjustments.
o Resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
o Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts - customer calls, account adjustments, customer reconciliations.
* Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned portfolio including but not limited to regular collection calls and correspondence to customers in a fast-paced environment.
* Work with customers and internal employees in the pursuit and resolution of collection matters including legal collections and troubled status.
* Other project and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* HS diploma or GED required. AA degree strongly preferred.
* 3-5 years work experience in a complex invoice/billing/reconciliation environment.
* Experience working in conjunction with legal representatives regarding collection accounts and demand letters.
* Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and ability to work with Excel, Outlook and Internet navigation.
* Research and reconciliation experience essential with the ability to illustrate strong reconciliation techniques.
* Demonstrate proven analytical and organizational skills.
* Demonstrate strong written & interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel.
* Able to work efficiently independently.
* Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
* Understanding of how to read, interpret contracts (leases).
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area and volume
* Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the phone
* Visual ability correctable to 20/20
* Ability to sit 75% of the day
* Manual dexterity to input data into the computer, the ten key calculator and operate a computer, fax, and copier
* Ability to respond verbally in an understandable and professional manner both in person and over the phone
* Ability to stoop and bend to retrieve files
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Moderate noise level
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals..