Accounts Receivable Specialist (PC) - ReqCode 1067247 9/16/2016
Almost Family, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Excellent Corporate Opportunity with a Leader in Home Healthcare: Recognized for Excellence by Forbes and Fortune Magazine.Almost Family, Inc (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For nearly 40 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 28 companies with over 250 locations in 16 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate two segments: Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries; and Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services. Almost Family's services are generally covered by federal and state government programs, commercial insurance and private pay. We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our 'Senior Advocacy' mission, which trains our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist performs under general supervision a variety of moderately complex to complex tasks related to the management of all pertinent Receivables.
* Ability to learn a variety of systems and maneuver through them daily, including electronic medical record systems, clearinghouse systems, and carrier systems.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities daily in order to complete all assignments timely and accurately.
* Strong computer skills with advanced Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge and experience.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment.
* Ability to recognize road-blocks that may be causing slower reimbursement and work with management team to create solutions.
* Superior customer service and written/verbal communication skills.
* 2-4 years of medical billing and collections experience preferred.
* Conducts thorough research of claim status to identify issues and takes corrective measures to obtain payment and ensure accuracy of future claim submissions.
* Works closely with payers to determine additional or supportive documentation that may be needed to facilitate prompt payment and provide documentation in a timely manner.
* Researches insurance information to accurately determine benefits and ascertain primary or secondary status for Medicare and Medicaid.
* Works in coordination with service locations to obtain information needed for clean claim submission and additional follow up documentation as needed.
* Conducts analysis of denials and partial payments to determine trends that may need to be addressed either in revenue cycle management, operationally, or with the payer.
* Resolves denial and payment issues with resubmission of claims and processing of appeals.
* Communicates effectively and frequently with supervisor regarding accounts.
* Completes special projects and other assignments deemed necessary.
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan JOIN OUR FAMILY... YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!