Accounts Receivable Team Lead (2016242)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5 billion, the Company has more than 21,000 employees working in more than 340 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world s best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco values its people and is committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Under the direction of the Accounts Receivable Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Accounts Receivable department. Responsible for the cash application and control functions for the Company s United States and Canadian account receivable totaling approximately $290 million per month. Responsible for prompt and accurate recording of all customer remittances and miscellaneous cash receipts via lockbox deposits and various electronic deposits (wire, ACH, EDI, etc.). Maintains accounts receivables controls; reconciles daily bank deposits to accounts receivable system; resolves discrepancies with appropriate bank or internal personnel and makes necessary adjusting entries. Assists Financial Applications Support group. Trains and directs accounts receivable staff. Position requires initiative, sound judgement, diplomacy, maturity and knowledge of Company practices and policies for all domestic and Canadian plants.
Major Job Duties:
* Trains and directs staff on both the Accounts Receivable system and Company policies and procedures ensuring that all US and Canadian cash receipts are recorded in an accurate and timely manner and that adequate controls are in place over the accounts receivable system.
* Verifies total daily deposits per bank account records to deposit files loaded into Accounts Receivable system. Investigates and resolves discrepancies with bank and/or division personnel.
* Assists internal and external auditors, as requested, in audit and research functions related to the Accounts Receivable department.
* Assists the Financial Applications Support group in identification, implementation and testing of software modifications and enhancements. Routinely consults with the Financial Applications Support group on functional and technical issues related to the efficient operation of the Accounts Receivable application software.
* Assists the Financial Applications Support group and Division personnel with the integration of new entities or acquisitions into the Accounts Receivable system.
* Assists Division Accounts Receivable personnel with the investigation and resolution of customer payment discrepancies or issues.
* Responsible for providing Accounts Receivable application support to Accounts Receivable application users within the Company.
* Takes an active role in the identification, investigation and resolution of system failures (e.g. Oracle, Open Scan), working closely with Division personnel and customers to resolve issues preventing the automatic application of cash receipts by the Open Scan program.
* Performs account reconciliation and analysis for designated Accounts Receivable accounts.
* Makes personnel recommendations.
* A firm understanding of accounting principles
* Requires a high level of computer proficiency and in-depth knowledge of the Oracle Accounts Receivable and Open Scan application software.
* General knowledge of the systems and records that are interfaced into Oracle Accounts Receivable is also required.
* Bachelors degree (in Accounting/Finance) or equivalent experience in Accounts Receivable/Accounting required
* Previous supervisory experience required
* Excellent math skills, PC skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States