Accounts Receivable and Payable Manager
The Account Receivable and Payable Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions. Responsible for ensuring US GAAP revenue recognition principles are adhered to.
* Lead the day to day operations of the accounts receivable and accounts payable areas. Assign duties and examine work of subordinates for exactness and conformance to policies and procedures.
* Manage the credit reviews and establishment of credit limits for customers.
* Develop and maintain operating policies and procedures of the accounts receivable and accounts payable areas.
* Adhere to the Company's internal control structure for compliance with SOX 404.
* Identify process improvements and recommend changes to improve systems, processes and performance.
* Assist the Corporate Controller with cash management by directing the receivables collections and payables process.
* Process and review commission reports, as necessary.
* Maintain the deferred revenue subledger.
* Oversee and perform adjusting journal entries for accounts receivable and accounts payable accruals.
* Identify staff needs and provide technical guidance and training.
* Develop relationships with business units to expedite workflow and ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
* Other duties as assigned by leadership.
* Coordinate and resolve outstanding payment issues with internal and external customers and generate weekly aging and collection reports and utilize critical thinking to identify and prioritize priorities for management as well as to internal customers allowing for accurate and timely customer status information.
Education and Experience:
* BA degree in finance, business administration or accounting.
* 5+ years of professional experience in accounting and finance.
* Previous experience as a manager and CPA is a plus.
* Supervisory experience of managing a team of 3+ employees.
* Strong revenue recognition skills.
* Experience with strong Excel skills.
* Motivated, team player that can also work independently.
* Excellent computer and communication skills.
* Highest level of honesty and integrity.
* Excellent organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining confidential information.
* Strong influence skills.
* Business travel as needed.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Individuals with physical/mental disabilities are eligible for the position provided they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
* Requires a degree of concentration and attention to perform essential job functions. Achieves objectives by analyzing, evaluating and interpreting viable solutions. Periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of job with lesser concentration and attention requirements.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
* This is a full-time position. Standard business operation hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. These hours do not apply to all positions. Please consult with supervisor on working hours for position. Also, this position may require additional hours of work as requested by business needs.