Accounts Receivables Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems technologies
Great Neck, NY
* Post all Accounts Receivable and cash receipts to General Ledger and make sure all cash receipts are applied properly.
* Review aging reports on weekly basis or as necessary to identify past due accounts and resolve customer discrepancies; including following up with clients if necessary.
* Review and report adjustments, write-offs of uncollectable receivables and credit balance refunds for CEO's approval
* Develop spreadsheets for account analysis in order to keep records organized and standardized.
* Reconcile accounts to general ledger; researches discrepancies and determines appropriate course of action.
* Prepare and post journal entries for company accounts ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
* Prepare standard and specialized reports (i.e. account reconciliations, bad debt, watch list, etc.) and perform moderately complex financial analyses.
* Assist accounting team with month-end close and reporting, balance accounts, composing journal entries, and G/L account analysis.
* Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company's processes.
* Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to senior management when requested.
* Maintain documentation for all review, audit and compliance work.
* Participate in financial audits, as required.
* The individual has a strong work ethic and completes work based on department deadlines.
* Strong Quickbooks experience a must
* Daily use of Microsoft Access and Excel
* Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of credit and collection operations procedures, including reconciliation of A/R activity.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Possess an intermediate to advanced aptitude of Microsoft Office required and other applications as required.
* ERP system knowledge, experience within a high volume receivables department