Accredo - Infusion Nurse RN PT 32 hrs/wk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Schedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003932
The primary function of the Infusion Nurse RN is to provide essential in-home IV Infusion medical treatment, response management and follow up care to our clients after receiving a physician order for nursing services. In addition, within an assigned geographical territory, the Infusion Nurse RN will administer and monitor patients in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on treatment regimen, condition management and treatment self-administration when appropriate. This is a multi-faceted role of nurse, trainer and coordinator and the individual must be calm, professional with the ability and willingness to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of environments.
* Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices.
* Coordinate with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues.
* Collaborate and confer with TRC (Therapeutic Resource Center) staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
* Document all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities in a timely manner using company issued tools.
* Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies.
* Nursing degree, BSN preferred
* 2 5 years of relevant working experience; to include at least one year as a specialized RN in acute or home care/home infusion environment;
* Completion of intravenous skill inventory/training
* Registered Nursing Licensure
* Unrestricted driver s license in state of residence
* General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and email; Home internet access is required
* Strong venous access skills must be able to access peripheral veins
* Availability to work weekend hours if needed, and flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice
* Ability to lift and perform repetitive motions
* Critical care experience preferred
* Previous home infusion experience a strongly preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
A leading provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for patients through behavioral and clinical expertise.
Accredo offers a broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also provides comprehensive patient management services, including clinical care management programs, counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and reimbursement services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.