Accredo - Patient Access Representative II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004206
The Patient Access Representative II is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by obtaining required patient, payer and physician documentation, verifying insurance benefits, completing shipments and documenting all transactions in the system. As necessary, the Patient Access Representative II may also perform quality audits and negotiate pricing. This position requires highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with patients, pharma, physicians and payers to complete the verification process.
* Performs all aspects of electronic claims process and rejection resolution.
* Ensures accounts requiring authorizations and re-authorizations are identified, secured, and updated in RX Home prior to each shipment. Notifies as appropriate if authorization cannot be obtained.
* Contacts benefit providers to gather policy benefits/limitations to ensure services provided will be reimbursable (e.g., deductible amounts, co-payments, effective date, levels of care, authorization, etc.).
* Handles inbound client calls and written correspondence regarding patient eligibility.
* Provides inbound phone call support to the prior authorization team giving personal attention to the resolution of customer issues having to do with the status of letter requests or physician review process.
* Supports cross-functional departments in resolution of eligibility issues (claims, contact center, account management, service delivery, etc.)
* Negotiates pricing for non-contracted payers and authorizes patient services and ensures proper pricing is indicated in RxHome. Works referrals.
* Completes other projects and additional duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required, bachelor s degree preferred
* 2-3 years of relevant working experience to include one year of health care experience with medical insurance knowledge and terminology
* Intermediate data entry skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Extensive knowledge of ESI products and services a must
* Experience training and coaching less experienced staff with patience to explain details and processes repeatedly
* Excellent phone presentation and communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner, ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues with innovative solutions
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
A leading provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for patients through behavioral and clinical expertise.
Accredo offers a broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also provides comprehensive patient management services, including clinical care management programs, counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and reimbursement services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.