Accredo - Software Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003869
This position will support operations leadership teams in the design and development of value-added reports and applications to meet contractual requirements and drive improved decision making within operations. The Software Development Engineer uses in-depth knowledge and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. The Software Development Engineer will code, test, debug, document and maintain software application programs..
* Isolate and interpret relevant data from operational data repositories in response to process performance inquiries from business partners.
* Develop easy-to-use, self-service reports and tools using core team tools (web programming, MS SQL, Excel, etc.).
* Create efficient, reliable data imports/exports to collect necessary data from operational systems; scrub, organize, and summarize that data; and make it available to our business partners as needed.
* Suggest business and/or process improvements using root cause analysis, data mining manipulation, and best practices.
* Present results and/or recommendations to key business stakeholders up to and including Sr. Staff
* Mentor junior level analysts and work collaboratively with colleagues to maximize value delivered through departmental projects.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Advanced analytical and strategic thinking skills
* Experience with ColdFusion and Sublime Text/Dreamweaver a plus
* Experience with Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or Teradata SQL
* Experience with any of the following is a plus: SSIS, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access
* Experience with building Front End Applications using a combination of backend data, web programming skills, and logic.
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong communication/presentation/meeting facilitation skills
* Requirements-gathering skills
* Troubleshooting skills
* Leadership skills
* Analytical and detail-oriented in all work activities
* Customer-focused in all work activities
* Ability to mentor internal customers in use of analytical tools, assist in the identification and development of data requirements
* Ability to extrapolate data into information to drive process improvements
* Excels working cross functionally, at all levels of the organization to own, drive, manage and continuously improve the data collection, root cause analysis, reporting, and communication processes
* Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks at a time
* Ability to solve complex problems
* Ability to quickly learn how to use new software applications
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
A leading provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for patients through behavioral and clinical expertise.
Accredo offers a broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also provides comprehensive patient management services, including clinical care management programs, counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and reimbursement services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.