Acct Creation & Testing Rep I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Answer inbound calls for the purpose of testing and setting up security systems. Verification that all zone information is received properly and defined correctly. Registration of wireless devices using web based programs. Troubleshooting with technicians to ensure proper account set up and signal reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The Account Creation & Testing Representative I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
* Receive inbound phone calls from technicians and branch personnel.
* Verify all pertinent information is present and acceptable.
* Coordinate with Police, Fire, and Medical agencies to verify jurisdiction.
* Verify with customer all account information to ensure accuracy.
* Set up and testing of web-based services and products.
* Registration of wireless communication devices through external websites.
* Set up new accounts in the Protection One database including issuing CS numbers.
* Receive incoming phone calls to place accounts into no response, or in test
* Enter pertinent information relating to zone and panel location.
* Verify that all zone signals are reporting in the correct format and troubleshoot if needed.
* Handle 80% of all incoming calls within 30 seconds.
* Position requires weekend, holiday and shift work and may require mandatory overtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of various alarm panels and signal formats.
* Knowledge of the company and how to utilize all company resources.
* Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
* Proficiency in both Accounts Creation & Testing.
* Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
* Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
* Excellent communication and listening skills.
* Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and emails.
* Ability to comprehend signal formatting.
* Ability to effectively interact with technicians and branch personnel to place accounts online.
* Ability to effectively interact with law enforcement, medical, and police agencies to properly verify and define jurisdictions
* Ability to navigate internal and external websites in order to register, set up, and troubleshoot accounts and products.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Normal office environment.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Prior data entry skills (type 30wpm), 10-key experience, and telephone work experience preferred.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.