This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Campbell Soup Company
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, Pepperidge Farm was founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker who began baking fresh, wholesome bread for her allergy-afflicted son. For nearly 80 years, people have relied on Pepperidge Farm for its fresh bakery and snack offerings. Among the company's most popular products are Goldfish(R) crackers, Milano(R) cookies, more than 50 varieties of fresh baked breads including Pepperidge Farm Swirl(tm), Farmhouse and Whole Grain, and frozen Puff Pastry, Layer Cakes, and Garlic Bread. The company is found in nearly * of homes nationwide. Pepperidge Farm has been part of Campbell Soup Company since 1961.
The Account Manager is responsible for profitably growing Pepperidge Farm business at assigned accounts including Key Food, King Kullen, King's, Bogopa, Western Beef, Gristedes, and Bozzuto's. The successful candidate will deliver against all sales fundamental objectives.
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities include:
Sell Profitable Volume
* Deliver share growth by category as measured by IRI versus AOP.
* Sell Pepperidge Farm products to assigned retail account headquarters to deliver profitable AOP.
* Develop Customer AOP's for all assigned customers completed on a rolling monthly basis.
* Manage product mix to meet distribution, merchandising and ACV objectives for each chain account.
* Plan, communicate and implement plan-o-grams to ensure resets are to plan. With DOS, orchestrate participation in resets as required. Recommend reset outsourcing to DOS. Participate in store openings, decision-making resets and as needed to check set consistency with plan-o-gram. Plan-o-grams implemented in all accounts
* Call on Regional Customer Headquarter buyers/chain supervisors to present marketing and merchandising programs to gain 100% authorization on all programs.
* Conduct business reviews with customers to update accounts on PF business, programs and initiatives.
* Prepare and present proposals for improving distribution, space, sales and service in retail stores.
* Establish and maintain relations with all assigned chain account headquarters and field retailer's decision-making personnel to ensure clear understanding of the customer's way of doing business. Attend store openings, promotional activities and trade functions.
* Penetrate all business functions of the customer presentations, promotions, and events. With CDM, call on key customers.
* Develop Category Management strategy with key customers and initiate partnerships so that PF is viewed by Customers as category experts called upon to lead category initiatives.
* Develop customized conceptual selling presentations.
* Provide coordination and integration with the customer on AOP process
Merchandising Excellence & Display Penetration
* Analyze all PF trade promotional activity and results (pre, during and post-program). Develop fact-based strategies for each activity in each account.
* Communicate specific display programs and their requirements to the region office administrator, DRO and DOS.
* Work with DOS/MOS, DRO/MRO to ensure display objectives and programs are executed
according to plan
* Provide display plan-o-grams if necessary
* Recommend display pieces to Sales Development for consideration/creation
Forecasting and Analysis
* Develop monthly and/or project forecasts. Update and revise customer AOP on a rolling basis.
* Continuously collect competitive information, analyze data and identify implications/opportunity for business growth. Submit weekly reports with analysis to DOS
* Provide information and insights back to Customer Marketing on competitive, market, customer trends, program success through ongoing reporting.
* Develop and execute own IDP and complete plan as agreed.
Minimum Requirements & Experience
* 3 - 5 years experience in selling to consumer products accounts
* BS/BA or equivalent combination of education & experience
* MBA preferred
* Proficiency with computer - MS Office and other forecasting/trade management systems
* Exceptional communication/presentation skills
* Category/brand analytics
* Selling skills
* Negotiation Skills
* Planning & Organizing
* Category Management/ECR
* Process management skills
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.