Acquisition Analyst/Acquisition Support (DoD 5000.02 and DAWIA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
NCI information Systems, Inc.
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesignated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
Join our team and work directly to support our Soldiers (PEO Soldier SETA)
NCI: As the Acquisition Analyst ( Acquisition Specialist ) you will provide support for Product Manager (PdM) Soldier Maneuver Sensors (SMS) of PEO Soldier at Fort Belvoir, VA, using your DAWIA and DoD 5000 experience. You will develop and execute strategic plans and policy, determines requirements and needs, investigates and resolves problems, interfaces with other functions and outside personnel, assists in the preparation and execution of budgets and manages staff. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Work on complex projects requiring original thinking and new approaches, guides, aids and manages others on a major program, sets priorities and ensures that the work products for the group conform to standards.
* Plan and manage assignments, review progress and evaluate results.
* Coordinate projects and tasks relating to acquisition programs for multiple products in varied functions of the life cycle phases.
* Assist in planning, developing and establishing the contracting strategy for multiple products.
* Prepare and maintain acquisition plans, milestone charts and pertinent schedules.
* Support the development of solicitation packages and conduct reviews of contract specifications and changes.
* Communicate and coordinate with a wide range of Program Directorate staff, contractors, vendors and Department of Defense test organizations.
* Coordinate and work closely with DLA TS on maintaining and initiating sustainment contracts for head protection items.
* Administer long-term, complex contracts for procurements of PdM SPTD initiatives.
* Maintain and assist in the management of program progress to ensure availability of operable and supportable subsystems and equipment.
* Respond to user environment, concerns, and requirements.
* Coordinate with users to translate operational requirements and system design into a definitive subsystem and product for acquisition programs.
* Recommend changes to the acquisition program to achieve desired outcomes and goals.
* Research, write and edit various reports and documents including Power Point briefings, informational papers, Statements of Work (SOW), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE), Technical Evaluations etc.
* Respond to queries from Project Managers, Budget Analysts, Logisticians, Vendors, and others, relative to problems, status, and questions involving contracts issued in support of the mission.
* Collaborate with other Acquisition Support personnel and their teams on proper documentation and system integration.
* Periodically assist the Operations Team with team building and special events for the PdM SMS team.
* Security Clearance: SECRET (or ability to obtain, active preferred).
* Some travel may be required.
* Education and Experience requirements:* High School AND 5yrs at this level (20yrs progressive) OR
* Associates field AND 5yrs at this level (16yrs progressive) OR
* Bachelor in non-directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (15yrs progressive) OR
* Bachelor in directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (10yrs progressive) OR
* Masters in non-directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (10yrs progressive) OR
* Masters in directly related field AND 5yrs at this level (7yrs progressive) OR
* Doctorate AND 5yrs progressive experience.
* Must have DoD 5000.02 acquisition experience
* Possess knowledge and experience in the areas of Federal acquisition, program or project management
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Must be well versed in DAWIA practices
* Must have experience with creating and maintaining Acquisition Documentation
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.