Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory Senior Advisor (2606)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition. We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory (AIFA) team is a fast-paced group that is closely involved in major transactions and strategic initiatives undertaken by the ENGIE group in North America. As an integral part of this team, the AIFA Senior Advisor is responsible for leading the valuation and risk analysis of new projects (including oversight of financial models) and for the preparation of financing plans, selection of funding sources / banks, and structuring and execution of M&A and project financing transactions.
Essential Job Functions
* Ensure compliance with investment guidelines and methodology, including adherence to global AIFA procedures.
* Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend financial options and proposals as they relate to a business development project or other funding needs.
* Advise internal stakeholders in understanding appropriate risk allocation, bankability of terms and conditions of various project contracts and provide general structuring advice and optimization of returns throughout the business development process.
* Work with support staff to develop and maintain financial models to support investment decisions, following group guidelines. Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models. Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis for investment files.
* Assist the business development decision making process.
* Manage internal approvals process for new economic commitments and associated financing arrangements.
* Structure, negotiate and execute financing documents (internal or project finance) for medium to large size transactions, in accordance with best project finance practices of the ENGIE Group.
* Create and lead presentations for lender and management updates/discussions.
* Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Significant experience in the renewable energy industry, including structuring tax equity investments for wind and solar projects
* Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
* Significant valuation experience and skill set
* Good understanding of all aspects of project finance and M&A transactions, including experience in reviewing, revising and negotiating legal documentation and exposure to structuring and closing transactions.
* Ability to manage multiple parties including banks, consultants, lawyers as well as internal stakeholders (management, business development, legal, technical, insurance, tax and accounting) to bring transactions to conclusion in a challenging environment.
* Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Ability to multitask and to work effectively under pressure
* Proven flexible team player who works well with others
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
* Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines and possibly calls outside of traditional US business hours.
* Some domestic and international travel may be required.
* Could involve some lifting up to 20 pounds.
* Eight to ten years of experience conducting energy industry M&A and project finance transactions at an investment bank, private equity fund or strategic energy company.
* Broad power industry expertise, including working in retail, energy services, renewables and / or generation markets.
* Bachelors degree required with Finance or Economics major, professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) or MBA preferred.
* CFA progress or aspiration is a plus.
* Experience in leading the valuation efforts and financing efforts for a bid, leading a project financing to financial close and / or leading an M&A transaction to close.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.