Active Health Exchange Programmer Analyst in SAS, C# or Sharepoint (Any office or virtual)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR AN ACTIVE HEALTH EXCHANGE PROGRAMMER ANALYST
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Active Health Exchange business group within Aon Hewitt, in any office (or may consider virtual arrangement for strong applicant if not located near one of our offices). As an Active Health Exchange Programmer Analyst, you will report directly to the Tech Domain.
YOUR IMPACT AS AN ACTIVE HEALTH EXCHANGE PROGRAMMER ANALYST
* Provide consulting to client teams on batch processes that they need to define related to the Active Health Exchange.
* Work with Exchange leaders to create reporting to support business needs.
* Develop batch processes for mission critical, highly complex and urgent assignments using SAS and JCL.
* Perform SharePoint and website development using primarily C#, ASP.NET, Java Script, and Microsoft SQL Server.
* Coach client team developers on programming, testing, and defect resolution related to batch processes.
* Create and execute application and deployment testing through the creation of unit tests and functional testing. Responsible for ensuring that code is well tested prior to release.
* Support production jobs through burn in period, ensure successful completion of critical batch jobs, and resolve production issues when notified.
* Provide technical expertise with internal and external users regarding interfaces or batch process.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 1-2 years experience programming in SAS, C# or Sharepoint
* Experience with production scheduling software.
* Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Familiarity with Source Control tools and methodologies.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a small development team with moderate supervision.
* Ability to travel, work weekends and work off hours as needed
* Technical fluency in top-down programming languages, including SAS.
* Understanding of website communication technologies and concepts (Web Services, servers, DNS, IP Addresses, Protocols, HTML, xml, xsd, wsdl).
* Knowledge of or experience developing SQL statements for data extraction, and SQL stored procedures and customer functions for Microsoft SQL Server.
* Bachelor s degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
CANADA: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2421314
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire