This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Activities Director: Avamere Olympic Rehab of Sequim
Full-time Position Available!
Please apply online at: https://careers-avamere.icims.com
Avamere Olympic Rehab of Sequim
1000 South Fifth Ave.
Sequim, Washington 98382
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department to assure that an ongoing program of activities is designed to meet the interests and wellbeing of each resident.
* Develop and distribute a monthly activities calendar and newsletter for residents and family members.
* Coordinate and schedule outside vendors and presenters.
* Participate in community event planning with the marketing staff.
* Make routine visits to residents.
* Plan, prepare and operate under the Activities budget.
* Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
* High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional education preferred.
* Must have a minimum two years of experience in a social or recreation program, or similar experience working in a healthcare setting.
* Knowledge and experience caring for and interacting with residents of this nature.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Avamere at Medford is a 156 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, transitional and hospice care, as well as, long-term care. Unique to Avamere at Medford is a fitness center with a swimming pool and gym, a Massage Therapist and in addition, outdoor patios and a wide variety of activities available for patients functioning at different cognitive levels. Join our team as we are currently seeking top notch talent!