Actuarial Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary:
This is a mid-level analyst position within the Actuarial department. Develop mathematical modeling techniques and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks.
* Perform or support trend analysis
* Perform quarterly Forecasting: Evaluating our current claim and premium experience so as to project our future financial position
* Monthly IBNR calculations: Estimating our outstanding claim reserve liabilities at the end of each month
* Develop pricing models and support pricing requests which may include rate filings, benefit adjustment factors, fee schedule analysis, new product pricing, etc
* Monthly P&L financial reconciliations and frequent liaisons with the Finance team
* Present reports, explaining their implications to managers and directors, and advising on risk limitation
* Communicating with internal clients and carrying out relationship with financial directors and stakeholders
* Experience studies and drill downs to figure out why certain things are occurring.
* Ad-hoc modeling and projects.
* Requires working knowledge of Excel
* Prefers working knowledge of Access or other database application
* Prefers experience with SAS or other programming language
* Prefers knowledge of data analysis and Actuarial principles
* Requires good oral and written communication skills
* Requires strong analytical thinking
* Requires strong mathematical skill and statistical analysis abilities
* Requires good judgment and problem solving skills
* Requires a Bachelor s degree, preferably within Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university
* Requires 2+ years of actuarial and/or statistics experience
* ASA Preferred
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Actuarial & Underwriting