This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this position is to provide actuarial and consulting services to governmental clients who sponsor defined benefit plans. The Analyst uses analytical and communications skills to help clients with the design, financing, and administration of retirement and other benefit plans. Analysts work independently, with minimal supervision, on various types of client projects, including data preparation, benefit calculations, and pension valuations.
Responsibilities:* Perform annual actuarial work for governmental client plans, which includes:
* Census data gathering, reconciliation, quality control, and importation onto valuation software
* Examine and verify retirement trust financial statements, compute actuarial value of assets for valuation
* Run actuarial valuations and summarize results for review by manager or reviewing actuary
* Prepare valuation funding reports
* Coordinate valuation results mailings
* Prepare actuarial studies
* Create calculations and reports complying with GASB 67, GASB 68 and applicable State laws.
* Assist with special actuarial projects
* Perform benefit calculations and prepare benefit statements
* Some direct client contact
* Understanding and assisting in the interpretation of plan documents
* Develop an understanding of fundamental principles of pension plans, actuarial concepts, pension legislation, and accounting requirements for pension plans.
* 0-2 years of actuarial experience
* High organizational skills and ability to manage work flow
* Demonstrated attention to detail; multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
* Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
* Successful completion of at least 2 actuarial exams preferred
* Ability to work in team-based environment
* Demonstrated client service and analytical skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software and any additional software programs
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf