Actuarial Analyst 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective. Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Actuarial Analyst 2 Job Summary
Salary Range: $66,309.00-$76,255.00-$86,201.00
The Actuarial Analyst 2, working under general supervision, conducts analyses, provides recommendations, and participates in special projects of an actuarial nature. The Actuarial Analyst 2 applies and advances their actuarial acumen and skill set in completing assignments. The Actuarial Analyst 2 works to improve processes in the actuarial department. Within their assigned area the Actuarial Analyst performs with a wide-variety of actuarial duties as outlined in the essential functions below
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
Working under general supervision, completes actuarial assignments with limited direction given. Follows and improves upon standard processes in completing assignments. Based on area of assignment (e.g. Pricing, Loss Reserving, Research and Development), completes the following:
Providing input on pricing of new and existing products.
Collaborating with Underwriting and Product in managing business.
Determining loss and loss expense reserve recommendations.
Preparing and defending state filing materials and developing management reports.
Estimating unpaid loss and loss expense liabilities.
Providing support to Financial Reporting (e.g. annual statements).
Provides recommendations on actuarial matters such as pricing, reserving, or modeling.
Works on assigned projects of an actuarial nature with some input from other actuarial team members. Completes research, ensures accuracy of calculations and analyses, and meets project deadlines.
Extracts, organizes, and validates data in support of actuarial analysis.
Develops management reports that are used to monitor performance, behavior, and results of company goals and objectives.
Builds upon foundational knowledge of generally accepted actuarial methods and increases knowledge and experience with relevant tools and technologies.
Develops, maintains, and applies knowledge of industry and actuarial trends, market conditions, and competitor information.
Travels occasionally in order to participate
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 3 years of insurance and/or business experience.
2. Minimum of 2 years of actuarial experience.
3. Credit for completion of the foundational educational requirements of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
4. Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency with Excel (e.g. array formulas, complex multi-tab workbooks, pivot tables, visual basic macros).
5. Proven ability to collect and analyze data, identify trends, establish facts, and make recommendations including process improvements.
6. Demonstrated skills with programming languages such as SAS, R, SQL, and Visual Basic.
7. Demonstrated strong attention to detail along with organizational skills.
8. Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
9. Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
10. BS or BA degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or related field or commensurate experience.
11. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.